Day 9: Foriegn Hospital.

Where to begin...... Well, it's good that I decided to talk to the project coordinator about my health, as for the past 4 nights I've been coughing up a lung.

I got up at 6 am and started the day like every other day and went to the dining hall. Couldnt enjoy most of the meal, except watermelon as did not cause much pain when consumed. Scott, the leader of this internship program brought me to the hospital roughly around 11 am. Was bit of a wild goose chase as we had to go to 10 different windows just to get a diagnosis. It was quite hilarious while we were there. Everyone who had to read off my name usually paused for a few moments trying to figure out what was my first name. Scott told them that I had 4 first names to just settle the confusion. After we waited for 3 hours in order for me to get a shot in the rear, went and had Crepes for lunch.

After lunch, we continued our little escapade as I needed to get an Xray. While getting it taken, the radiologist asked Scott which part of Costa Rica I hailed from. He was a bit shocked to know that do not have any latin heritage. Finally after a total of 7 hours, I was released from the hospital with medication and diagnosed with a bad case of bronchitis, pneumonia if left untreated.

Needless to say, I felt terrible for leaving Rachel and Leslie left out of the loop and was unable to help them with the project today. I'll certainly triple my work load tomorrow to make up today's hiatus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Trials and Tribulations

Day 12: Exodus

Day 6: Collection and Data Entry